View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mark III, Carbed Explorer 302
Not Ranked     
Default My new build...errrr Re-build

Guys,

Going to let the cat out of the bag, I just got a hold of another project. Unfortunately, that means, I'm going to let another project go. The Alfa Spider I was attempting stuff a small block ford into is going down the road. I have come to realize five things; I have not been working on it, it's taking up space, I really like Cobras, I would rather work on Cobras, and I would rather have another Cobra.

Bingo! The new project is in the garage! With a little work, I can turn this "sow's ear" into a "silk purse". It's an FFR Mark II that was involved in a bit of a wreck (passenger side). My goal is to build it into a 289 Slab Side Street Replica using one of "Mr Bruce's" bodies.

This side took the brunt of the collision. The steering rack is pushed back less than an inch (end of the ear is bent a bit). Everything else looks great. I will need to replace the front "A-frames" and straighten the "Bird cage" a bit.

The PO hit a lady who pulled out in front of him. His insurance company declared it a total loss but let him keep the car. He pulled quite a few parts for his new build but left me a super starting point. It also has complete 3 link rear suspension and a rebuild 8.8.

This is the "look" I'm shooting for. Lucky for me, much of the parts I've purchased for the Alfa will work in this build. I also have a '67 "Fairlane" 289 sitting the garage along with a T-5.

Thanks,

Pat
Proud owner of FFR1004630RD '01 Explorer 302, FRPP B-Cam, Holley S/A 670, HD T-5, Wilwood pedals, 3 link, Koni shocks, 17" Bullett wheels, Baer brakes, Classic gauges, I-Squared wiring, Jaguar Racing Green w/Sliver Stripes

Tagged and road ready in NYSas of 6-5-09 Life is GREAT!

My build log http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/80663-my-cobra-build.html

If you live "Upstate" near Albany, NY send me a PM. Our Cobra gang is growing and looking for new members!