View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BACKDRAFT
Send a message via AIM to SKINNEDR Send a message via Skype™ to SKINNEDR
Not Ranked     

Sorry, no one got back to you.
It is a interesting question which should have been easy to answer, however the reluctance to answering I can understand why.
I won't speak for most owners on this site, however from my experience since owning my car for over 8 years, is that most guys who own these cars, do or have learned to do basic maintenance and in a lots of cases can do major repairs to their cars. I'm not a car repair nut, but over the years and since owning my car I have learned to do basically most major maintenance and repair jobs. I cannot see myself taking my car to any Mom and Pops shop to have place to have basic oil change or regular maintenance done. Most owners on these forum if it is convenient to you and live close by, can probably give you an hand and show you some basic stuff.
That is my two cents around this topic... I hope I have not offended anyone.
At least the guys that I know from the Capital Area Club in Washington, 90% can basically do anything on a car. The other 10% get help from the first 90%...
Since owning my BDR, I have installed a lift in my garage and have done some serious work on my car. I practically own ever basic piece of tool you can imagine and have done some serious work and enhancement on my car, always trying to improve and upgrade.
Well, on the other end I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade and have been in the business for over 35 years and don't have a problem getting my hands dirty...
I hope that help.
Dex..