View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics LS427. Self-built 408W, AFR 195 heads, Performer RPM Intake, Quick Fuel 750, 407rwhp, 479rwtq
Not Ranked     
Default Installing 5.0 Mustang Alternator (2G)

Building a 408 and am about ready to install the alternator. Previous engine has a 1g with external voltage regulator. New alternator I bought is a 2g with internal regulator. I thought I was buying one with open terminals, but I got one for a fox body mustang. This alternator has two connectors. One is labelled with I, S, and A. The other is not labelled but has three connectors. There is also a ground connect.

I don't have a fox body mustang and cannot figure out what connectors get wired to my painless harness (or I can run new wires).

Connector 1

Connector 2

Connector 1 has I, S, and A. I goes to switched battery power. S and A I'm not sure. There is also a F and A spot on the square box but these look like voltage terminal ports, not connectors.

Connector 2 has three connectors. None are labelled. I think one of these goes to the battery + terminal but I'm not sure which one. The other two, not sure about.

Anyone know how to wire this?

Thanks. Tom

Last edited by Texasdoc; 07-08-2014 at 08:21 PM..