Thread: Glovebox
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

The main part of the glove box started off as a flat piece of aluminum sheet. It was cut to shape and most of the holes created before hand forming started. It is covered with the same carpet material as the floors, transmission tunnel, and rear of seats. A patch of carpet was affixed to the upper fire wall. On the cockpit side the four each 4BA long chrome plated brass slotted raised countersink machine screws and chrome plated brass hex nuts (only one side chamfered) for the door hinge secure the front lip to the lip on the dash opening, different chrome plated brass screws (2BA chrome plated brass raised countersink machine screws and some type hex nuts if memory serves) capture the two top corners as they wrap around the opening, the forward edge is fixed to the inside top of the foot box with two each plated (cadmium or maybe zinc, there is no sign of any dichromate conversion coating) pan head thread forming screws that are barely long enough to get through the aluminum panel, carpet, and foot box top. One of the demister hoses goes through the back center corner and that too helps hold the tray in place. There is no top but the scuttle hoop passing through the inside the compartment was covered in black leather. The series of eighteen macro detail images from multiple angles and the CAD drawings of the flat blank I did have allowed some shops to make very accurate copies. I think I made a drawing of the leather cover for the scuttle hoop also, don't recall right off, it has been years since somebody asked me for details.

Last edited by Dan Case; 07-12-2014 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: add text