View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham/Southern 427 SO finally on the road
Not Ranked     
Default Leaking rear main seal

Thanx to you guys, I got my intake manifold done with relative ease....all buttoned up and lash set. I was sure that all of my oil leaks were from the front and rear of the intake, but with the intake off, the car is still leaking oil and I can see now I have leaks from the rear main seal and from the fuel pump. I have a professional mechanic who is advising me and helping with the things I can't do. He thinks we can do a better job if we remove the engine and do these jobs on a stand. There's no easy way, but what's your advise? I have a 2 post lift, AC, cherry picker, engine stand, tools and time, but I'm never lookin' for more work than is required. It's a Kirkham with the X-member very close to the rear of the Aviaid pan and access is terrible. Also I was thinking about removing the mechanic fuel pump and just putting in a block plate. Any thoughts, advice or "pearls of wisdom".

thanx steve

ADD: "New York Guy", please don't reply to this thread. Sending it to Kirkham isn't an option since I don't mind a bit of grease under my nails. s