View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
With many of the regulars giving the forum a miss for a while the poor blokes about the only one keeping the forum regularly ticking over....

However we'll all be pleased (and somewhat overjoyed) when he finally fureeken buys one!
I thought what a better place to find a cobra would have been a cobra forum lol im almost to the point of
1 stop trying so hard to find one
2 give he cobra idea away and spend more on the race car
3 just bloody build another one after building my first one I swore I would never build another one but the kits are def a lot better and look far easier to build nowdays . I learned so much with the first one like bonding inner and outer doors and panels together and making them fit I learned that not all parts fit some not even close . I learned the name of every jag wrecker in Australia and how parts prices tripled when you made the mistake and said there for a cobra lol .
I learned people who said they would give you hand suddenly disappeared only to resurface once the car was on the road and wanted a spin .
I learned regancy park were not user friendly they argued with my engineer and myself for 6 months that a lpg only car still needed a charcoal canister but could not give advice in where to fit . I felt like telling them were to jam it tho all in all building mine was not a pleasant experience the mechanical side did not phase me been a mechanic but the body work required so much more work than I was led to believe and it was way beyond what I knew .

the kit supplier while mostly helpful was about 100 ks away and never seemed to be about my side of town when I needed help such as the body sat 15 mm lower on the chassis in one cnr and needed fixing . I could go on but you get the picture so building another one from scratch has me a bit wary .

in the mean time I will continue looking im finding more what I don't want rather than what I do want so it narrows down finding one a little hard but if im outlaying a good sum of money I want the best I can get with the amount I have anyway rant over guys so back to your normal viewing :-)

cheers dean