View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Chassis Tuning 3170

Thought I would post an update because we have made more changes. We raised the front and rear spring rates by 50 and 100 pounds respectively. This allowed us to lower the front by .2 and the rear by .3" with out having tire to body contact. We installed a GPS data system to start gathering data because the car is right in a good adjustment window now. We can change rake angle by .1" and get a measurable difference in handling. Next week new tires these tires have a jillion heat cycles on them so things should get better but you never know. Measured G loads are consistently in the 1.2 G range now and we were actually in the 1.4 range around a 75 mph sweeper. Still cannot get anything over 1/2 throttle or so even at high rpm. It actually got side ways in second gear even though the engine was at 7000 when I tried more throttle.
1.7 to 1 second 3:31 rear end and 25.5 tire. This is a video of my first run we did not have a camera on my last run but it was better.
Who says big blocks won't RPM!

http://youtu.be/Pba5Tf46v6I

Last edited by Cobra #3170; 07-21-2014 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: trying to get youtube link correct