Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

It certainly was a fantastic race. For a track that's not known for overtaking it had me on the edge of the couch!
Dan drove a great race and when they pitted him for the last time I wasn't sure he could get back to the front, but some very confident driving and fresh rubber was the difference. The team must be stoked with how he has settled into the team and the maturity shown that world champions don't intimidate him - either in his own team - or overtaking Alonso or Hamilton in the closing stages.

Kimi blew his chance not going out for a second time in Q1 and not making it through.

A couple of highlights, the start in the wet always makes it interesting, the change to slicks on a still damp track showed some sideways action, Perez into the wall and then Vettel's spin in the same spot and save. Alonso and Hamilton's drives were great (I love Hamilton's response to the team telling him to let Nico through, "when he's close enough I'll let him through"), but the night belonged to Dan with a truly inspiring drive.