View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
While the overall market for Cobra sales is limited, the variety of active manufacturers is quite robust (Kirkham, ERA, Shelby CSX, Superformance, BackDraft, Hurricane, FFR, etc.). Yes there are apples and oranges in that list. But for any of them to collude on pricing would be extremely difficult to accomplish and the risks would certainly not outweigh the rewards. The inherent beauty of this small, niche market is that there are several segments (price points) to work with. Choose your poison and act with your wallet.

Hillbank provides a service for those that are less-inclined to understand what they are buying from a private seller. And if they get premium pricing for offering those assurances, then great for them. In my view, that premium pricing (or perception of same) raises all the boats in the resale market.
As I said, there's no evidence of collusion, and I'm not accusing anyone of it, but there is only ONE major manufacturer of aluminum Cobra bodies and two sellers.

Also, if you want to purchase a new KMP, ERA or CSX, for buyers that desire a more authentic replica, then the waiting periods are LONG.

Addtionally, if you want a complete fiberglass roller, then it's CSX, ERA, BDR and SPF only. IMO, Hurricane appears to sell very few replicas. The major "roller" players can dictate where market pricing goes. So I'll disagree.