View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     
Default Lykins Motorsports 347SBF Build...

This build belongs to a fellow KY-resident. I would consider this guy pretty blessed, as he doesn't have just 1 Cobra, but 2 Cobras and a Daytona Coupe. All of them are FFR builds, and I'm lucky enough to provide the mills for all of them.

One Cobra gets a 427FE, based on a Pond cast iron block, Pond heads, a factory 427 crank, and a Performer RPM intake.

The other Cobra gets a 527ci Cammer, based on a Pond block and Pond SOHC heads.

The highlight for this thread is the engine for the Coupe, a 347 SBF. It's based on a factory Ford block at a 4.030" bore size. Scat 9000 series 3.400" crankshaft, with Scat 4340 5.400" rods, and SRP flat top pistons. The cam is a custom Comp Cams hydraulic roller piece, 230/236 @ .050", with a hair over .600" lift, on a 112 LSA.

Induction comes by the way of a pair of RHS aluminum heads and a FAST EZ 8-stack setup. The plan is to dyno with a Victor Jr intake manifold and a Quick Fuel 650 at first, then to switch over to the EFI piece for a comparison and extra data. I like data.

Oil pan is an Aviaid Daytona Coupe pan, and I contacted Nick Acton about building me a set of Coupe replica valve covers. It's gonna be a sweet little engine.

Gratuitous block shots....

It's been align honed with ARP main studs, bored and honed with torque plates, and square decked. Ford semi gloss black paint, brass freeze plugs, and Durabond cam bearings.

More pics and info to come.