View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

My air is Hot Rod Air I beleive. Levy built my first FFR Cobra car and I too had some issues with Vintage Air. Finally got it working properly but it took awhile. Sold the car and had Levy build me another thinking I would correct everything that "wish" I would have done on the first car and 'learned" from my first car.

I have Hot Rod Air now and have had no issues from the get go except cap came off freon tube so I lost the cold ability. After discovering that I have had no issues what so every for years.

Note: I had the dash vent moved to the knee area and that made huge difference in cooling the leg area where heat comes in from firewall.
Note: I decided to get the hardtop from APE instead of that stupid soft top. What a pain in the ass. The only issue with the hard top is those little pin/screws that slide across the top of the windshield. Have a few that are stripped. Need to 34 made.
Note: If I was going to do it all over again I would have air ducts put by my right shoulder for both seats and have air blowing at my neck and two vents at knee area. Regular vents are worthless.
Note: Think I would do automatic so wife can drive the dam thing. She has had several cars with clutches like TR6, MGB, Celica, BMW but can not work my clutch as it is too hard.
Note: Some sort expandable frame for GPS instead of permanent bracket.
Note: Put blower on car.
Note: Keep the 18" wheels. More choices.

Last edited by Fitz; 11-09-2014 at 01:59 PM..