Thread: $99 Shop Crane
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     
Default $99 Shop Crane

Any motorheads want a scream'in deal on a 1 ton shop crane / engine hoist, Harbor Freight has theirs on sale for $99 with a coupon available in newspapers and magazines.

I have no use for a engine hoist per say, but I do some painting in the garage occasionally and will fabricate an 8 ft. (square tube) insert that I can adjust higher or lower for painting motorcycle tanks, fenders bags etc. by hanging them by the boom (raise it for painting under and lower the boom to finish). I also fabricated a buffer/grinder platform that fits into the boom and a drill press platform.

I know none of these are for it's intended purpose but its a great stable platform for mounting any large tool or portable workbench. The legs fold up vertically and it sits 18 inches from the wall. I may even have to hoist something someday.........If all else fails, I can bring it in the house and hang a plant off the hook! Photos on harbor Freight website. Please, no whiners stating harbor Freight isn't good enough for them.

Last edited by wanab5150; 08-10-2014 at 09:37 PM..