View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
My car had been parked for more than 10 minutes when this happened. I've had the car for 7 years, and I'm the only one that has ever gotten burned so far. No passenger has ever gotten burned in my car, becuase I tell them to stay put until I come over to the passenger door to help them out. Doubt I'll be wrapping my car in caution tape, since the odds of a bystander getting burned are pretty low.

The good news is that everybody in the world isn't sue crazy. I was out on the beach on Memorial Day with my dog and someone elses German Shepherd mix clamped on to my arm. I got a nasty gash that required 4 stiches. The people paid for my urgent care bill. No lawsuit. Accidents happen. End of story.
While we all would feel bad about any child getting hurt, there's only so much you can do at a cars and coffee event at Canepa in the Santa Cruz mountains.

At some point, the parent has to take some responsibility for supervision of their child. This is why parents childproof their houses, unplug toasters, fence their pools, parental locks on TiVo/TV's, lock up their liquor cabinets, don't let their kids grow up to be cowboys, etc.