Old 08-14-2014, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Charge light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
That is the Lucas WL12 light. I am looking for the red plastic bulbous lens without the big chromed slotted bezel. I'll try and find a decent picture. Bruce I believe they are wired with a resistor in them so if the bulb blows the charge light circuit still has a load and works.
Nic,

I just use mine as a reminder that the main power switch is on, I have a Toyota Camry 65 amp 1 wire alternator so don't use that function anymore. Yes, I still have the original Ford 55 amp Alt and regulator. I had to have more power with
2 fuel pumps, fuel injection, MSD ignition, big pusher fan and electric water pump because the total draw is around 55 amps and the injection does not function well below 13 volts. My light looks like it is from the states, it has a "living hinge" type retainer that is part of the lamp molding and a grain of wheat type bulb. I will take some pictures when I start preping the car for my next event. It is quite possible that I replaced the original sometime back but I do not remember changing it (no surprise there).