Thread: foot well vents
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mptech View Post
Earl's a good guy and his kit is worth it, but yes he can be slow shipping.
I know it's not his full-time job, so I'm sure he has a good reason.
Rob there's a note on his web site that he makes up several of these kits at a time, I presume depending on orders. Over the years I have seen several comments that while he is a good bloke, his shipping process is somewhat tardy.

I deal with another guy on a motorcycle forum who is exactly the same. He has identified a few items that the big manufacturers and distributors have apparently deemed too much trouble to be involved with. He produces these in what is basically his back yard shed and only buys in the materials when he has sufficient orders to hand. Like Earl, it's not his full time job and he does it more as a favour to people like me who can't make the items themselves. Takes forever sometimes to get the stuff but it's good quality and worth the wait.

Perhaps a friendly inquiry to Earl asking for an estimated date of arrival may be in order. I only know Earl and the other gentleman you referred to by reputation, but from what I've heard I would hesitate to lump them together in the same category.

Patience grasshopper!