View Single Post
Old 04-13-2002, 03:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Michael,
I may be off base here, and Scott will probably correct me, but wouldn't you be better off buying through one of the Jap importers to get a LOW MILAGE unit for similar money?

Bullet Sportscars make the MX5 mazdas with the rotaries or Lexus V8s. The market showed a distinct lack of interest for a rotary powered "Bullet roadster", but the V8s have taken off. AEC in Perth bought the company a year or two ago and the prices skyrocketed..... They are now making the PD blower kits which are also being sold to the guy that controls the Australian distribution of Ultima Sportscars (not Peter Ransom - www.gt40australia.com) The Ultimas will soon be using Lexus motors alsomst exclusively with the option for the PD blower. I spoke with him today, and he said the price would be similar to what you've already heard....
If you do want a forced induction Lexus, get on to Scott about the turbos. Running reasonably small turbos, the motor makes HUGE, useable torque down low which makes the twin turbo Harrison that Scott built LOTS OF FUN to drive!!!!!

Jim, vcf (Scott) is building a twin turbo Lexus powered Cobra that already has the splined front hubs for the AWD conversion. He has the motor, trans, diffs, all suspension, pin drive 18" wheels, lift off & tilt front etc etc etc. It will happen, as long as mine is finished first !!!!!!