View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 10:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     
Default Ford 5.0ltr Computer issues

Hi all;

Just looking for some opinions, but it looks like I have a buggered computer, should know for sure by middle of next week. But in the meantime this is what happened.
The car has sat idle for over 12 months as we have been travelling. At the end of 2013 I drove it into the old mans farm shed and covered her up. I asked him to run it whenever he could, but the first time he tried it wouldn't start. I thought he wasn't getting the immobilizer sequence right on start up, but my brother tried and still no go, and he knew how to do it, so I ruled that out. Basically we had no fuel pump prior to crank up and this had happened before and was fixed by swapping a few relays around and she fired up. Tried that, no good, a test revealed no power to the fuel pump ( external Bosch, sits under tank) and also no spark. Tried also to re program remotes for immobilizer as this had been a previous issue also before we realised there was no spark.
Onto the trailer and to the auto elec. Told him to rip the immobiliser out as I was over it and also told him I feared the computer may have an issue, talking to him today he thinks the same after trying without success to fire it. Computer has been sent for diagnosis.
Does anyone here think we have overlooked something ?. The computer came with the motor (1993 HO 302 injected Mustang unit from the US). Also who would you recommend I chase for a similar replacement unit and what sort of dollars can I expect to pay, I would prefer a second hand unit as a new power plant and computer is due soon and when this motor goes for sale, I want it to be complete. Hopefully the diagnosis will reveal a simple and cheap fix...........but the way my luck is running I'll prepare for the opposite.

Appreciate the insight and ideas

Regards
Chris & Melissa Lidgerwood