View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Tenrocca is it easier to pull engine out than drop the gearbox in your car? No hoist?

And why won't it disengage? I've just done the clutch on mine twice (a learning experience) so curious as to the issue your having....
Where it is has a plethora of hoists - but there is a cross member in the CR chassis that means you cant drop the gearbox.

My main issue with the clutch was I was using the wrong pilot bearing. The LS1 style which I was using fits further into the back of the crank and the gearbox input shaft wasnt actually extending into it. Broke 2 clutches before I realised the error. The second one is a Tex and they were able to rebuild the centre for me as it had popped out a spring.

Anyway I put it all back together but it didnt disengage at all. It is essentially the exact same clutch with a different pilot bearing. Assumed that maybe the input shaft was binding onto the new bearing, but when we pulled it out (again!) everything measured up fine. The pedal felt like it was fully disengaging the clutch, so stupidly didnt try and bleed the clutch before ripping it all out again. Just assumed I had stuffed something up on the install, as really nothing else had changed. Next step is a new slave and reinstall. Just need to run a few questions by the guy at Tex. who is very helpful.