View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     

Bit of an update, The box was sent to Injectronics in Melbourne and they detected some diode issues. So I thought bugger it I will get a second hand one and asked for it to be sent back so I could grab the numbers of it and match it up. The idea was to get one with the same numbers. The numbers on it are nothing close to what I was expecting so I suspect the computer was changed when the wiring was done and I either forgot or didn't know.

I thought I could get a 93 Mustang ECU box for a manual from the USA and be fine...........first mistake I guess.

The Number on the ECU is E8ZF-12A650-D2 and the box has "no smartlock' scribbled on it in texter...........and that's it, nothing more.

The D2 at the end is throwing all I have contacted, the rest appears to be from a late 80's Mustang. No one seems to be able to be sure.

Long story short...........back it goes to Injectronics to be fixed at twice what a second hand unit is worth, because I just cant be 100% of a direct replacement second-hand.

The fun of it all !
Cheers
Chris L