Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hodgson View Post
You probably could Les, as long as the vehicle met the class requirements. You would most likely incur double entry costs though.

You can still win King Cobra from say Class 1 - you just need to be as fast as the very quick buys in Class 4 & 7

This is where I believe it is judged wrongly. A class 2 car will never win King Cobra. I believe it should be awarded to the highest points scorer within their respective class.

King Cobra is often won by a car that may not have won all their events but accumulated the most points due to quicker lap times. If you can beat all comers in your class, then why aren't you awarded the top gong?

Nuff said, I'll just duck now
That's why they have awards for first second and third in the classes......

The King Cobra title goes to the overall quickest, most consistent, street registered Cobra.

Keith Baxter won the King Cobra Title without winning any of the events, he was just more consistent than the rest.

In 2011, of the five events, I won 3 overall and was second overall in another and still didn't win because I finished 20th (spin off) in the Lumleys lap....

You can be the fastest and still not win, you need to be consistent......

John White won King Cobra in a 4.0 litre naturally aspirated Lexus engined Cobra..... There were plenty of other faster, more higher powered Cobras around that year, but he was more consistent.