View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss View Post
Patrick - well, as a read your post I was thinking - WOW, I can check that and perhaps eliminate the problem myself - well, I didn't find anything that looks like a fuse attached to the steering column under the dash.

Are the mentioned fuses separate from the array of fuses attached to the firewall inside the engine area?
Yes, these are two fuses that are separate from the fuse blocks in the engine compartment. These two fast-blow fuses are located on the steering column, right above where your knees are when you are driving. First, examine them, then if they look like they're ok (meaning one is not blackened with an obviously blown filament), then pull them both out and switch them, then put them back in. See if that makes any changes. And while you're doing that, with the ignition key on, put your foot on the brakes and tell me if both, or only one of the brake lights is coming on.

What ERA number is your car? Perhaps the really early ones didn't have the fuses. I'll check the schematic for your car number and see.

EDIT -- It looks like they put the fuses in around car 335.

Last edited by patrickt; 09-28-2014 at 10:55 AM..