CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Up Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey 65 View Post
Bruce,

I'm currently running -1.5 up front and -1.0 in the rear now. I can't get more than about -1.25 in the rear without major modifications, but the front is totally adjustable.

I just changed the steering rack from the standard BDR 4.0 turn lock to lock manual rack to a 2.7 turn lock to lock BMW Z3 rack. My hands are crossed because this was basically a u-turn (170 degree turn).

As far as messing with the bars and/or springs I was planning on waiting until the winter when I have to pull the diff out to install the LSD.... But yes, suspension will be stiffer come the spring.

On Friday Robby was clean, Saturday once he pulled away from me and knew he was going to win the Street Machine class he went all out to try to get FTD from Josh and that is when he started coning... his quickest coned run was a 37.9XX, but Josh ran quicker clean....

Mike ended up running a 38.0XX very late on Saturday as did Terry Neuville.... I think Bret was also at 38.0XX...

Kevin...

Kevin,

Thanks for the update it is really hard to get info before they post on Sunday PM. The tires move on the rims so you need lots of negative camber.
We are running -4.0 front and -2.8 rear. Lock to lock steering is 1 turn with a 28 degree inside angle because of those Goodguys U turns. I know those camber angles sound excessive but autox tire wear indicates they are good settings. You will really need the negative front when you get your locker or you will have dump truck level push.