View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Ben,

I had set the rear up with Ford territory rotors which are ventilated 328mx28mm. I bought these rotors from Albanycobra thinking they would be good for a future racecar project. Lord knows when that will happen. When I looked at them again the other day I realized the dimensions were close so why not use them now.

So the only real reason to do it is because I had the parts and 2 piece rotors look cooler than one piece

I thought of machining up aluminium hats but they still need a steel sleeve for the hand brake drum. These ones should work with the stock hand brake shoes once modified to fit.

Here's a rotor as I got them on the left and the modified one on the right.

Flipping the rotor to the other side of the flange resulted in near perfect offset.

Here's the back of the disc after machining the lugs down so the hat would fit in the back of the rotor. Also machined the lip on the back of the hat so it'll match the Ford backing plate.

Here's the modified 2 piece rotor next to the territory rotor. Weight is similar, the two piece may be a little lighter. Aluminum hats are an option for the future to reduce un-sprung weight some more.

I'll sand blast the surface rust off the rotors and probably sand blast the hats and paint them black to match the front.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 10-07-2014 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: spelling