View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donunder View Post
Craig I made a comment about this last pic of the GT on your Facebook page as to the roofline's profile or curvature.

Is it in fact flatter than the the roof on John's red car?
No, it is just an illusion with the reflections. It is same shape and profile as an original roof. So fully curved etc. We do not modify body shapes for additional cockpit space, buyers these days tend to want more original body shapes. And that is what we have provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
I sat in the GT, actually I spent a bit of time sitting in there, Im 6' and if I had a helmet on I would have needed a bubble, even though it was a hard plastic seat sitting on the floor.
Ben, the design is to lean the seat back to gain head height. That particular car has a shorter owner, so seating position was more upright. That seat was also mounted on seat sliders which add height to the seat. We have a serious amount of cockpit length, seating width and feet space, so larger guys can feel comfortable. We can fit seriously big guys into it and if more space is required we can always drop the floor and with larger diameter tyres you can keep enough ground clearance. The form fitting seat design also means less padding required for comfortable seating.

We had Paul(Gulf GT40 at Nationas) sit in there. He has just recently owned a RF and also a DRB and commented that it was larger in every dimension than those cars.

A helmet adds 1 1/2 to 2" inches to your seating height.