View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Didn't get as much done as I hoped on the weekend. Lots of fiddly jobs and other jobs in the back yard used up all my time. It didn't help that Bathurst was on TV either.

Got the sway bar links sorted. They are made from a male and female rod end screwed together. I had to keep shortening and shortening them to get adequate clearance to the drive shaft through the full suspension travel. I machined a collet so I could grip the female rod end in the lathe and face the end off square for the jam nut. In the end there wasn't even space for the jam nut. I had to grind the end of the male thread so it bottomed out with the ends in the right orientation. It'll do the job.

Trial fitted the fuel tank to see what it looked like with the supension in place and the wheels on the ground. Also wanted to reassure myself that the mounts were OK. I can stand on the tank and bounce the rear suspension up and down and the mounts feel strong. Very scientific testing.

Got a lot of the front suspension components blasted, painted and re installed. The uprights are stripped apart blasted and waiting for paint.

One of the time wasting exercises was searching up all the bolts and spacers. I've put them away somewhere safe but couldn't find them. In the end I just machined up all new spacers for the shock mounts.

Hope you all had productive weekends

Cheers