View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Not sure I would pick this setup fir Auto-x, but I have never tried it. From what I have seen, my gut feel is I would want to move the torque down.

Brent - I had to purchase some headers for the 302. I have been toying with the idea of building a set of 3" straight pipes (just for the beauty - LOL!.)

Last night we grabbed the old side pipes and they fit the 302 headers perfectly- no modifications needed.

I am still toying with a set of straight pipes. I understand the noise problem so let's leave that to the side.

The pipes I have are from Stainless Specialties (?). The muffler section is 37" long - 3" into 4" - with some kind of baffling. At 25lb each I am looking to build something lighter, but the baffled will get me going.

A set of straights would take little fabrication. I am considering titanium tubing and I would take my chances with the noise. Portland allows 105db at track side. The loud ones run on the opposite side of the track.

I have spent a bunch of time studying this, but have found little info except optimum back pressure (could test) - and noise. There is no point in perusing if it is a really bad idea.

What kind of performance difference (penalty) would you expect between open and baffled? Any other cons (except noise).

x-chr