View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenmetals View Post
Whaaat! You have an original cobra PARTS CAR?
No but I have purchased many parts removed from Cobras being converted to racing or post 'restoration' (in modern common use restoration seems to mean make what you have into what you wish you had while being pretty and clean) that the owners/service providers were selling off since the late 1970s. Some things were literally set out for some trash removal service or another to pick up and haul off. There are many parts on a Cobra that have to come from another or you have to make yourself copies. Even today, taking a very high original content unrestored Cobra to a commercial restorer will very likely result in dozens to hundreds of original small parts being removed and separated from that one car. If you count screws, washers, fan blade retainer, and nuts I am using small parts from CSX2108, CSX2332, and at least two other Cobras to replace pieces lost from CSX2551’s original system. I occasionally come across a heater assembly in somebody’s pile of parts. I did earlier this year while visiting someone. He had the main enclosure, the motor was still mounted but the wires were a little rough, it had some typical handling damage, and was missing the hose elbows, hoses, hose sleeves, mounting screws, demister ducts, and demister louvers. He will have a difficult time finding replacement small parts here in 2014. The only way I had parts to fill vacancies is decades worth of collecting what others were disposing of.

Last edited by Dan Case; 11-12-2016 at 05:46 AM..