View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenmetals View Post
I understand what your saying. I also will collect parts that have value and may be needed for a project in the future. I found humor in your post and the visual thought it projected of a cobra parts car knowing their value.
One of my most fun acquisitions was a free bucket of junk. Imagine a very beat up galvanized steel bucket that was probably about a two or three gallon size when new. It was full to over flowing with shop floor sweeping parts. I wanted the bucket of junk so it found a new home. The shop apparently just removed small parts and either tossed them in the scrap metal bucket or swept the floor and put stuff in the bucket. There was a lot of floor sweeping debris but there were a lot of really nice small parts. There were parts in that bucket for everything Shelby the shop touched it seems. Over the years I have answered people’s want ads for 1965 street and race model GT350s, 1966 GT350, Cobras street and race, CSX31xx 427 Cobras, CSX30xx 427 Cobras, GT40s, and even a 1967 Group II Shelby Mustang. It is picked pretty clean now after digging out parts last year for somebody. There are some cars you might recognize that were beneficiaries of parts from that bucket. I gave most away for postage cost or tossed them in with something in a package deal.