View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Last fall we traded Trina's truck after the computer failed. Was going to cost us about 10K to replace including the labor and would have taken about 4 weeks to get the parts. Would have had to rent a car during that time too. So we bought an F250 Diesel 4x4 to have the towing power we want for when we expand the farm. Been thinking on buying more land and starting to raise a small herd of cattle. For mine, I had a V6 2WD that had a 7.5" rear. For the level I use it, I am overworking the engine, so I needed to step up. The 5.0 V8 is getting almost the same gas mileage. Plus is was really a 1 tire fryer. I also wanted a 4x4 again that I can also have some fun in, so I stepped it up and got it loaded. I have all the available options on the XLT except for the ecoboost engine. These are both ones to keep, not get us through what we need for now.

Don't get me wrong, the 3.7 V6 is actually been a good truck, but I just was using it to it's maximum potential and occasionally needing more towing or more offroad capabilities.