View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Nice - some questions -

Why did you elect to tip the rad back. It appears you are using a rear exit diffuser on the rad exhausting thru the hood (similar to the Daytona). I ask because I am working on re mounting my radiator and right now have it mocked up with the rad tilted forward similar to Ken Miles 390. With your setup it seems the air will be headed down before slamming into a parallel wall before it figures out how to change to a vertical direction. It seems this could cause high pressure, possibly back feeding thru the rad.

I originally headed down this road but I saw a GT40 over the summer and noticed how they ducted the air. Though they do slam it into a nearly vertical wall, the direction of the air out of the rad is up. Digging thru some books, I found some pictures of the Turd under construction and that got me thinking. It seemed interesting the Daytona also had the rad tipped forward. I purchased a book on CAN-AM cars and none I have seen mounted the rad tipped back. It seems by the end they would mount the rad and the duct would attach normal to the surface of the rad and then smoothly blend back into the body and the free stream.

1967 - ducting very similar to GT40

Circa 73 74 - M8E - much smoother

MK II

MK IV - looks like they were trying to get smooth flow over the windshield

Am I seeing this correctly? Does your rad get fully shrouded and then exhaust out the top or is the upper alum bits for intake? If you are going out the bottom and depending on how fast you want to go, you should re-consider - you have everything right where you need it.

The lower duct is interesting - oil cooler? - how (where) will you vent it?

Your work is intriguing -

Miles 427

x-chr

Last edited by ERA2076; 10-22-2014 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Add Pic