View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Thanks - now I see. The down side is lift i.e. low pressure on top of the hood with the high pressure at the intersect of the rad to the roof wall, but a much reduced surface area compared to a stock cobra and your nozzle is really cool. If you could tip it forward you could put a floor in and the roof area is minimized. The air pressure will sit on the intake tract floor (possible down force) with pressure escape thru the roof i.e. rad . This greatly reduces the static pressure area on the intake tract roof.

In theory a shorter rad with thicker core could provide needed cooling surface area while allowing for more flexible packaging, but its a lot of work to find out it won't cool .

Will you will block off the rest of the front of the nose?

Is the air box, tract, and radiator sized to the volume needed to charge the engine?

Love your nozzle - wish there was away to package them not so steep. I have considered a shorter rad with thicker core that would provide needed cooling surface area while allowing for more flexible packaging, but its a lot of work to find out it won't cool .

I agree with you - it is not a straight forward endeavor. It seems all one can do is build,test, and then rebuild -

Appreciate your work and sharing your thoughts.

x-chr