View Single Post
Old 04-15-2002, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     
Talking Real and Original

Dear Mr Buckley. I am so pleased that you are a serious enquirer, we get too many of the tyre kicking flavour for our taste. It can become so very tiresome.

Here in little olde englande we have a fine manufacturer of bolides, I feel you would be proud to share in their heritage.

This company, whilst being properly considered a "low volume" manufacturer, has been satisfying the requirements of the discerning motorist for many years with products that are as wonderfully engaging as they are different.
Over the years, several fine models have been produced, and many of these are still in daily use by owners such as yourself.
If I am correct in my belief, the basic requirements that the owners be a) ancient, b)stingy, c)eccentric, and d)prone to wearing flat caps; would appear to be a perfect match with your very good self.

And so I welcome you to the world of the Reliant Robin, a matchless design with peerless road manners coupled with practicality and frugality. In addition, the need to waste money on four (huh) tyres is eliminated, as this design, fully patented and protected the world over, uses only three wheels to achieve what most struggle to do with four.
You will, of course, be fully conversant with the corrosion-free properties of a resin impregnated and fibre reinforced body structure, although I suppose the concept of an all aluminium engine might be a trifle advanced for you. However, trust me, it is a principle proven to work here in Englande, and, I note, recently copied by many in the far east.
So if you are seeking the very top of the tree in terms of real-ness, originality, and breeding, waste not your time on such vulgar appurtenances as the aforementioned "Road Serpent" and hie yourself across the water.
In fact, for the rumoured cost of actually getting a "Road Serpent" actually onto the road, I believe you could purchase the entire Reliant Robin manufacturing facility.
What a bargain!

You will, of course, be aware that ruthless opportunists have taken this fine design concept and turned it into a pastiche of it's former self, namely something called, I understand, a Koorvet. It is such a shame to see the fine, elegant, unmistakeably English lines of the original, bloated and blown up in such a way. But such is life. There are, I believe, antecedents.

Last edited by wilf leek; 04-15-2002 at 03:06 PM..