View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Only thought is that voltage off of battery is not sufficient to energize the LEDs on the tail light circuit - so next I'm going to wheel the car out and start it up and see if running voltage will light the tail light circuit.
Or you have quite bit of resistance "upstream" from the tail light fixtures. That resistance translates in to voltage drop. The easy way to test that is just run a ten foot piece of lamp cord from the positive side of your battery to one of the fixture's wires (first brake/signal then tail), and run the other leg of the lamp cord to the negative side of the battery and to the ground of your light fixture. If the LED lights up nicely doing it that way then you have voltage loss through that circuit when it's trying to operate normally. It could either be on the positive or ground side of the fixture. My feeling is if that battery has enough juice to start your car then it has a enough juice to light your LEDs.

Last edited by patrickt; 10-24-2014 at 07:33 AM..