View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Talked to Superbrightleds and they were totally baffled. It sounded like they had never heard of a problem on the tail light circuit - only the signal and brake light one.

Did a little more testing and this is where it gets a little wierd, I have the driver-side light hooked up to the car but hanging loose. With light switch off, I connected the ground on my battery charger to the bulb socket. With both the yellow and red harness wires plugged in - I touch the + lead to the yellow terminal and the bulb lights - touch it to the red terminal and no light. I unplugged the yellow terminal and touched the + lead back to the red terminal and the bulb lit. Also touched it to the un-connected yellow terminal and that side lit also. It will not light on both circuits with the yellow lead plugged in.

Apparently there is some sort of issue backfeeding through the trailer relay unit is all I can figure. It looks like I've gone as far as I can and these just are not going to work in my car for some reason. May Bob will think of something.

My next project is to try to get my lake pump for the sprinkler system running by replacing the 220/24 starter relay. Hope this electrical project goes better.