View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
philminotti / undy: Which year(s) Taurus fan are you referring to or using? Those are pullers, correct? Dimensions?
As I recall it's 86 through 89, with a 3.8L V6. The fan diameter is 17", contained in a factory shroud. The Lincoln LSC used the same fan, although with a more powerfull 18" fan. I have the Taurus one. Both fans are pullers.

You just "carve" the fan shroud to fit your particular application. Mounting requires the same ingenuity.

As I'd mentioned, I'm using the Hollister Road fan relay/harness kit. I also use two different coolant temp sensors (also Holister provided) that work in conjunction with the harness. The first sensor is 180deg and it energizes low speed. The second sensor, 195deg, pulls in high speed. I have a manual dash toggle swith too, which brings in high speed.

If installed, make sure you have a 100+ amp alternator and adequate wiring as this puppy draws a hard 40+ amps on high.

I had early on cooling "in traffic" nightmares with my big block FE. Going down the road, it was fine. I did a lot of in depth research and nothing seemed to help much. That is, until the Taurus fan install. I now can let it sit in 95deg traffic for hours and watch the temp gauge cycle between 180 and 200.

Best mod I ever did to the car!!