View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

When I tried to line up my firewall, it also had too much lean to it to match up to the foot box lips as it should. I finally added a piece of 3/4" square tubing directly above the footbox lip so the firewall would be straight up. I bent the tubing to match the body contour before welding into place between the body support tubes on either side. It was tight getting the firewall into place, but if finally all fit and looks great.

When I got my chassis, it was only partially completed. The front towers and rear towers were in place along with the pick up points and cowl hoop, but I had to add the entire bird cage, door, hood, and trunk frames, roll bar supports (driver and passenger) and relocated the cowl hoop support tubes and the rear 3/4" support tubing as it was installed incorrectly.

It took some time, but fitting everything to the body was probably the best thing I could have done to make everything fit properly. I'm sure you'll find ways to fit everything, but you may need to compromise in a number of places as some of us have done.

Do you have the floor mount pedal box and other parts?

Bob