View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy75 View Post
I am wondering if the added weight of a 460 would offset the power potential vs just going with a 4.6 32v.
Physically the 4.6 is a pretty large engine...there might not be much difference in weight between the 460 and the 4.6. Have you done a forum search for weights of each of the two powerplants?

My Cobra has a 5.0 HO out of an '89 Mustang GT...it is a very well balanced car, and even with the smaller engine all I have to do to burn rubber for a block is push the throttle down, there is no need for misusing the clutch. My observations have been that in these light weight vehicles more power=more tire smoke, not necessarily a faster vehicle (if you want to join in an age-old discussion, search up one where Big Block vs Small Block is the topic of discussion). Yours should definitely be a great cruiser, and that canted-valve 460 is a torque monster!!! Enjoy...and take the memory of your dad along with you each time you drive it!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

No names were changed to protect the innocent!