View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Following on from the last post -- and I'm just thinking aloud here -- but if Brett isn't doing much with the yellow car, would he perhaps be amenable to some sort of lease arrangement for next year's Nats? If he's not planning on running himself? There are plenty of examples within the club of shared drives and while this approach would be slightly different for us, it happens all the time around the world in historic racing.

This might be thought by some to be pie in the sky stuff, and next year's Nats are a long way away but the car is too much a piece of Qld Cobra Club folk lore to be left idle for such a long time. I'm thinking a Club garage day or two or three to get it back in condition and then a "sponsorship" drive among members, subsidized to some extent if necessary from Club funds to meet entry and running costs, and then nominate a driver to do the honours. There are three or four guys in the racer ranks who could be relied upon to treat the car with the respect it deserves and not engage in any balls-out silliness who could be either voted in by members or else nominated by Brett himself.

I know there would be all sorts of ramifications in the event of something unfortunate happening -- which is why it would be vital to select the right driver -- but even if this car were driven at 80% by someone like, for instance Chunky Sneaky Ash Scotty Wayne and dare I say it Wazza, it would be a sight to see next year.

Maybe I'm dreaming and maybe Brett will be on here in a flash telling me what I can do with my crazy idea, but really is it so crazy? A fabulous car, a proven driver, a "club" entry so that we're all involved financially and emotionally to some extent -- it just could work. We just need to ask the question... and should we not get the answer we want, then we naturally accept Brett's decision with absolute good grace.