View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy75 View Post
The car will be used as street only.
In that case I'd definitely go with the 460...absolutely blinding low-RPM acceleration from that canted-valve big block (if you can hook up instead of making tire smoke), whereas the DOHC engine would require you to run at higher RPMs to get into the power band. Since it won't be raced, you'll be happier with torque than with high-RPM horsepower on the street.

You'll probably need power steering, though...even though the 460 is a thin-wall casting, it's still heavy just due to its size. Now if you could go all alloy on the engine, that might make a huge difference, but you already have the one your dad selected and if it were me trying to honor the memory of my father's dream I'd build it as close to what he wanted as possible. There's always time to change things in the future...as I have found out with a bit of a different project...don't ask, it's not automotive in nature.

Cheers, and here's hoping this project turns out to be everything you and your dad ever dreamed of...and more!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!