View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3985:
Not Ranked     

kip,

what's your MAX budget?

I ask because you can buy a cobra (if that's what you want) that has more street manors and in better condition than the car you were looking at.

If I were you....I'd look at a car with a modern drivetrain (coyote motor). It'll have the looks of a cobra, but the modern feel / reliability of driving a newer vehicle. There are plenty of cars out there that owners/builders have $50-60,000 into a build that are out there with low miles for high 30's or 40's. Build quality is everything. Have someone who knows these cars go with you to look at it. Then make a decision using your head

Something like a coyote motor, tremec TKO, 4 wheel discs (power w/ ABS) power steering, IRS and even a vintage air system for AC/heat. They are out there and at a fraction of what they cost to build. Or reach out to guys like Vintage Home or other like them depending if your budget is there

I recently saw a car on a dealers lot. he was asking 40k. upon looking at the car it looked like it was built using a chainsaw and sledgehammer with all ****ty parts that were shined up to look good. The dealer thought he had a Picasso (I was looking at a 70 superbee he had on his lot). I could jump on here, cobra country, FFcars and find a dozen cars for less money in better shape. Same can be said for the car you're looking at. For $30k there are better cars to be had