View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic427 351w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker View Post
The single piston GM Calipers will make a significant improvement over the much smaller Mistang II Brake package although the calipers themselves are faily heavy. I used Calipers from a Nova which are similar to that of a Camaro except for how the brake hose attaches. You can also upgrade to different pads for another major improvement. Unless you are doing open track often, the 11" rotors and GM Calipers provide quite adequite stopping power, they aren't as nice to look at as a set of Brembo, Baer or Wilwoods, but the expense is much less too. Combine them with Mustang Cobra or TBird Turbo Cpe rear brakes and it makes a very good inexpensive package. Ive been using this combo for several years with no regrets . Pictures are in my gallery,
Leaning this way, just a cruiser and sometimes wind her out. BTW, Is the brake fluid DOT 3?
Would love to go with the high end stuff, but at the end of the day, my '92 is only worth around $28,000 , I paid that this year then already put a couple grand in it. Guess it will come down to if there is a decent Christmas bonus this year lol.