View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I have wondered about the fuel log and overall fuel delivery capability. My fuel log from Keith Craft looks very similar to David's going by the finish which looks like a dull Cad plating. I recently replaced mine with another one from Cobra Restorers that has a shiny Cad plating but the 45 deg fitting was not as well drilled out and looked more restrictive. I may go back to the dull, finished one. Also the 5/16 inch fuel hoses to each carb seem a bit marginal - nice if they were 3/8 inch. And the filter - well, what can you say if your are trying to keep to period details for the most part? I can rationalize by acknowledging that I'm not trying to feed 700 HP anyway.

Dan,
The barbs on my log are 3/8" diameter, just to let you know they exist. I believe mine came from Carl's Ford Parts. When I had the tail end -4 male fitting welded on for connection to a fuel pressure gauge, the original finish became nasty looking from the heat. I powder coated it to the current finish.

Thank you for the compliments on the engine! If I keep staring at it, it may end up in the family room instead of the car.

David

Last edited by 601HP; 11-10-2014 at 11:15 AM..