View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch Built with 482 FE
Not Ranked     

"I understand that some of his customers that he has dealt with wanted their ordered fulfilled ASAP and actually requested discounts as they would rectify the things that did not fall into Acton Custom standards in the first place rather than wait for things to be corrected prior to shipment. This was to his downfall as it came back to bite."

Jeff, if thats what Nick told you, you were lied to as well. Nick informed me prior to shipment the body did not fit and it was due to the cobra restorers prints being wrong. He offered to fix it or give me the discount of 1500. I said fix it and I asked when he could do so and he refused to commit to a date because he was busy with CSX3035. I told him if he couldn't fix it in the next 5 weeks that I would take the discount and get my car. Since he would not commit to that, I accepted the discount based on him telling me the issue was with the prints. Turns out the issue with the body not fitting along with all the other issues with the frame were due to the blueprints not being followed and workmanship. . . . And when I say fix, I mean the body alignment only, he assured me multiple times everything else was right on the car including the suspension and the same as the other Cobras in his shop. . . All the cover up mods shown in the previous pics were done more than a year ago so there was no ASAP deadline.
And how does that explain the bent and bowed control arms, twisted shock tower, etc?

The reason I went with Nick is from his reputation on THIS forum and looking for the kind of experience described by other forum members, instead I got junk and I'm trying to salvage what I can. From my perspective, the replacement ladder frame would be at my door by now or if he really wanted to step up the salvaged CSX4772.

SB

Last edited by ScratchBuilder; 11-13-2014 at 04:52 PM..