View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. Smith View Post
Don't want to be a wet sock but is it engineered and passed in QLD only ? the rules are strictly different in NSW so I hope you can make them meet there too !
Despite that negative crap....Good Job on getting it regoed !
No major difference these days between states, we run under a National code, which was driven by NSW. There is still a difference in interpretation by each engineer but usually only on minor items. And also differences where testing facilities don't exist. e.g. in NSW you can use any engine as long as it passes IM240 (ADR 37/01) emissions test, QLD it has to be a verified production engine that meets or exceeds ADR 37/01 emissions without any modifications that degrade it's emissions.

And QLD has now adopted the full National Code for the process and things are much easier, much simpler registration now for us that we now use the same system as NSW.

Also keep in mind that even if a kit brand has been registered here in the past, you may not be able to register that kit brand under the new code.

And personally I would like to see more safety requirements in the areas of occupant safety, brake performance etc. For example, it is why we have 8mm structural side wall on our chassis to better protect the occupants lower body and legs from side impact.