View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 04:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     

Hi Alf,

I just got my DR3 working with a PRS7 switch. These are the instructions I received for bench testing the motor which worked for me:

The colors on our wiper motors are SOLID GREEN, Green/BLUE, G/WHITE, G/BROWN, G/RED and G/YELLOW.. This is a standard Lucas six wire set up for all 6-wire wiper motors in the 1950's-1960's with the exception of ORANGE sometimes being substituted for the YELLOW usually on Rolls Royce and Bentley cars. The simple bench test of this motor is as follows. SOLID GREEN will be your power wire. It doesn't matter to the motor if it is POSITIVE or NEGATIVE. Connect the BLUE & WHITE wires to each other. Then take the RED & YELLOW and connect to the opposite side of the battery from that connected to the GREEN. This combination should give you HIGH speed. Substitute only the BROWN wire for the YELLOW and you should have LOW speed. This will verify that the motor runs properly. Next find the wire from your harness that gets HOT when the ignition is turned on. This will go the the GREEN wire on the motor. All other wires should match. YELLOW or ORANGE are the same.

I have also attached a schematic that I used to successfully connect my wiper motor to my PRS7 switch. This also worked very well for me. I have the entire Lucas wiper manual which I can e-mail if you like. It is an 8M file size.

Good luck.
Attached Images