View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 02:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Things have been really busy both on the work and home front so I haven't had as much time as I would have liked for the build.

However, this afternoon, Guy came over and helped me get stuck into finishing the fitting of the mirror polished stainless heat shield panels. I had already completed fitting the driver side panels, so we tackled the passenger side ones.

Everything went very smoothly except you need to be careful that you have the passenger side vertical stainless panel (@ the end of the footbox) oriented in the correct way. It's almost a symmetrical design, but not quite symmetrical by just a smidge! We found that where the bolts call for placement through the chassis so the nut faces outwards, you can use a slightly larger drill bit in order that you can set up some adjustment of the panel in order to get everything to line up nicely.

Next, I'm going to assemble the pedal box and fit that along with the GM drive-by-wire throttle unit, and then it's on to the brake lines and charcoal line. Will start on the interior insulation as well.

If I can find the time and I receive all the parts I need, my goal is to have the car as a running 'go cart' by the end of the year. I may be a little overly-ambitious however!

Guy hard at work:

And the finished product! Very happy with the way it has turned out.

Last edited by Paintwerks; 11-16-2014 at 02:25 AM..