View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by COASTALCOBRA View Post
is there a kit to relocate to front of car?

I have seen kits to relocate to back.

EM 90"

thanks
COASTAL,
There's no kit that I know of to do this, but I wanted the battery mounted in the engine bay when I built my car, so I fabricated an aluminum bracket to support the battery in front of the engine and on top of the cross-member as Tom mentions. E-M offered four different chassis/suspension configurations, so that will ultimately determine how you should proceed. My chassis has the Corvette suspension option, which uses a C4 Corvette cross-member, so I can only offer detailed help if that's how your car is configured.

Btw, in answer to Larry's question "why would you want to?" First, I didn't want to compromise what little space was available in the trunk. I keep my folding top with me at all times, which would be impossible if the battery was mounted back there. Second, with a small block motor installed with significant setback, there's quite a bit of space between the water pump pulley and the radiator, so it looked like a good use of space. Also, being a lightweight motor, I figured it wouldn't offset the balance too much, and it hasn't. Third, the longer the cables, the greater the voltage drop. Lastly, keeping a battery in the enclosed trunk would require venting that's unnecessary in the open engine bay.

Mike...