View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Ben,

Progress has been slow for the last few weeks. I've been pretty crook. In and out of Hospital with a Kidney stone. I had Surgery a couple of weeks back and I'm on the mend now. Not an experience I can recommend.

I got out to the shed on the weekend for the first time in ages. The Gearbox is back together finally. Hopefully the engine and box will be back in the chassis this weekend.

It's a fair question Dean.

I was happy with the kit when I bought it. At the time I believe it was one of the better engineered kits on the market. However in the intervening time I've learned a lot along the way. I'm constantly collecting new skills and ideas and I can't help but apply them to the car. I've often built a part and then some time later developed some better skills and decided I could do that part better now. Take the clutch fitting I posted earlier as an example of this behavior.

It's probably a form of OCD. If I see something that is annoying me I struggle to get past it without doing something about it. I've been trying to change my ways and that's why I'm on the path back to a driving car I'm on now.

I have also had a lot of distractions over the years with family, work and moving house etc. I would try to make excuses but I cant be bothered any more. As for patience, I enjoy working on it. The journey and making all the bits has been main part of the fun. When the car is back on the road I'm sure I'll be working on a new project.

Cheers