Old 11-25-2014, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
Hi Ben,

Progress has been slow for the last few weeks. I've been pretty crook. In and out of Hospital with a Kidney stone. I had Surgery a couple of weeks back and I'm on the mend now. Not an experience I can recommend.

I got out to the shed on the weekend for the first time in ages. The Gearbox is back together finally. Hopefully the engine and box will be back in the chassis this weekend.

It's a fair question Dean.

I was happy with the kit when I bought it. At the time I believe it was one of the better engineered kits on the market. However in the intervening time I've learned a lot along the way. I'm constantly collecting new skills and ideas and I can't help but apply them to the car. I've often built a part and then some time later developed some better skills and decided I could do that part better now. Take the clutch fitting I posted earlier as an example of this behavior.

It's probably a form of OCD. If I see something that is annoying me I struggle to get past it without doing something about it. I've been trying to change my ways and that's why I'm on the path back to a driving car I'm on now.

I have also had a lot of distractions over the years with family, work and moving house etc. I would try to make excuses but I cant be bothered any more. As for patience, I enjoy working on it. The journey and making all the bits has been main part of the fun. When the car is back on the road I'm sure I'll be working on a new project.

Cheers
cheers for that mike I had a idea it may have been something like that im a bit the same with my race car always tinkering I run a restricted class so any gains regardless of how small all helps last yr I raced a vr commy other guys raced vl's while I out handled them on the shorter track they out run me on the longer ones so I kept changing the engine configuration ie gapless rings lighter pistons
I build a vl but built it lighter than the others . I bought and sold so many sets of mags looking for the lightest sets I could buy so less unsprung weight hell this yr I didn't even paint the car cause a tin of paint weight 8 kilos lols will paint it for next season tho end result for this yr I have a 253 that punches out 215 hp at the rw thru a 350 holley in a car that's a 140 kilos than last yr and oh boy this old fart has been giving these young bucks a real run for there money .
ive been accused of running a 308 and a 253 stroker engine 3 times this season . I just tell them put ya money up and protest im happy to pull it down if your paying me to put it back together .
a bit off track but I get where ya coming from
cheers dean