View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Some further small updates

Seems life and even death continues to get in the way of my cobra build but a few small updates to show that I'm still on the case.

Needed to cut back the top of the new style radiator frame to stop it rubbing on the underside of the bodywork. The angle grinding was actually quite obstructed by access but a slow approach got the job done without errant marks to the body.

The driver's side was the worst as noted by the gouge in the fibreglass. However nothing that Greg won't be able to fix I am sure.

As part of the preparation for paint Greg wanted hanging panels, rubber seals and all latches fitted. Getting the bonnet back on and latching made it look more like a car again.

The boot lid was similarly hung and ready to go too.

And I thought I'd see how I went revisiting some of the polished stainless that has suffered from exposure during the rebuild. Used a calico buff on a drill in the vice and managed to achieve this finish on a frame cover.

Not too bad using some pretty basic materials so I will revisit some of the other parts whilst the car is soon away on holidays with the painter.

Am hoping I can hand over the beast in the next few weeks as I've pretty much done all that was needed to prepare it for that final touch.

Cheers